Sunday, October 5, 2008

Issue XXXVII at the press

Issue XXXVII went to press today and I won't tell you how much they took out of my bank account
(it's depressing), but the issue looks fantastic (confirmed by two innocent bystander fellow santa cruzian poets/editor).

The web site is currently being given a nice face-lift by designer Dave Hite. It's going to bring our web site into 21st century interface. I am so focused on the print that by the time I got around to working on the web site this issue, I was burned out. Dave has done wonders with Debbie Kirk's website and it is a whole different approach to design.

I will have the rejection letters, etc. finished by the end of this month. Next issue could possibly be a Wired Poets (poets from Santa Cruz's Wired Wash Cafe), so please inquire before you submit anything. I should know for sure in a week or two.

We're still having the Wired Poets readings at my house until we find a new venue. I will steal some of Dave's photos. Its become quite an interesting reading and the after party is getting more and more out of control every week so I should get a venue scouted out soon before I am exiled from Santa Cruz.

Not much new on the personal homefront I want to talk about. I'm Irish, you'll get the scoop after I am done bottling it up and explode all over the page.

2 comments:

POESY said...

"does this work?" "I don't know... try it"

Anonymous said...

haha,if you are exiled from Santa Cruz,China welcome you.